Wednesday, July 25, 2012

so, what's in a name?

I am not married until September 15th of this year.  But to be honest recreating my bio, my about me, etc seemed difficult so I jumped the gun.  But I will be married in September.

No it won't be legal, thank you for the reminder.  And no it doesn't come with the military benefits that most wives get upon the completion of their nuptials. 

To be honest and I am sure this is unsurprising, the military is still not super friendly with the idea of gay families. The repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell marked a huge step forward in the sordid history of the military, and allows my partner the freedom to serve without fear.  Freedom to serve without worry, concern, or agitation.  Freedom.  What it didn't provide was stability, equal benefits, or intrastructure to protect gay and lesbians in the military.  They say it is coming, but not without a legal battle to be certain.

When I was building this blog I was struggling to name it.  I must have registered and re-registered my domain a million times.  Then it hit me.

Being a wife is in a number of ways my 'incognito' status, as I am not recognized nor supported equally.  Hence the name CALL SIGN:  wife.

Enjoy your stay.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment