Monday, July 23, 2012

welcome :: so glad you are here

*In the coming weeks (once or twice a week), I will write a 'get to know me' styled post tagged with 'introduction'.  These will give new readers a chance to get into my brain and figure me out.*   

Hello!

Allow me to introduce myself.  I'm Makenna, a teacher/writer/doula based in the deep South by way of my Air Force fiancée.    

This is a journal, a blog, a place for me to rest my thoughts.  An overture to simple, organic, healthy living.

I've spent my first 27 years on this earth attempting to 'live the dream'.  Life in the fast lane, eyes set on making money.   Since moving to the South, I have realized that my life was unsustainable.  As such, I began slowing down, living in the moment, laying roots.


Here you will find a number of things blogged about including:
  • Clean eating (Including Vegan, Paleo, and Local recipes...I'm NOT a vegan though.  :) )
  • My writing (I'm currently an MFA student in Creative Non-Fiction)
  • Lots of information about intervention-free childbirth
  • Musings on simplicity and divesting
  • Thoughts about newlywedded bliss
  • Excitement about the power of Local Movements
  • Ditties about preparing for motherhood
  • Photography of my environment, garden, etc
  • Goddess living (inspired by Leonie of course!)
  • What I'm thinking about:  Feminism, Development, and more
  • Trials and Tribulations of being an Air Force wife in the age of DOMA

This is my space, and your space too!  Come visit, chat, explore, and grow with me!

2 comments: